jasonlabbejasonlabbe

Main Movies Reviews Stats

History of an Animation History of an Animation

...

The editing and overall how everything have been put together was really well done. The animation itself needs a lot of work. If you're serious into getting in animation, get Richard William's 'Animation Survival Kit', and start learning some principles.

Down At Juice Bar Down At Juice Bar

Nice improvements Chris, here's some suggestions:

It's good to see you producing new animations to improve on your skills. However, you need improvement on storyboards, because your camera is cutting everywhere. We have no idea where everything is in relation to, which makes it very confusing to the viewer. The music was too loud too. Try to make it alot lower so it's easier to focus on what's happening. The graphics were pretty good, but it would be nice to see you use shadows and highlights to give more dimension to it. Seeing the 'Bad Guys go to Hell' episode, I can already assume that you know you need work in your animation. If your serious about improving, check out some books like 'The animation survival kit', or stuff from Preston Blair.

Personally, I only liked the 1st episode of Bad Guys, but alot of people seem to like your new ones, so keep it up. Hope this helps out.

ChrisNosal responds:

Yeah, maybe I should storyboard. I've storyboarded one thing so far, a movie I'm making with photographs that'll be released next year sometime...spring-ish.

It's a different way of working that I'm not used to. I've studied more as a prose writer. I've taken film classes, but never really studied making my own. So, I'm less practiced in the visual aspects.

But the fact that you understand that stuff, and that you only liked episode 1, reminds me of the fact that I was focusing more on the composition of a shot in that episode. It's something I should focus more on again. I think I can do a good job of it, I just need to remember to be conscious of it.

I actually own the animator's survival kit. At one point I was considering trying to become a good animator. I've kind of abandoned that dream. I'm embracing my inner minimalist. But I would like to improve the way things are laid out visually. Not neccessarily the movement, but the composition and perspective. I'll give storyboarding a shot in my next animation.

BadGuys2:AppeasingTheGods BadGuys2:AppeasingTheGods

NOOOOO!!!!

Stick with the same formula as the first one! This doesn't even contend with the first bad guys.

BadGuys BadGuys

HAHAHAH

That was the best humor in a Flash. You've GOT to make more.

The10000 Frames of Art p1 The10000 Frames of Art p1

Good stuff.

You've got you're perspective down fairly good. The only thing I suggest is to really challenge yourself with it. Produce a complex scenery instead of just abstract shapes. Another thing is to practice with circle and curbs in perspective. Try it out, and hope to see something from you soon!

Ohls responds:

i tried some scenery, never worked out good though =/ see my birdie wild submission if you want to see a house =P

Worms Short 2 Worms Short 2

Brutal.

Animation, graphics, and overall entertainment was bad. I think what something that none of the other reviewers didn't mention is your amazing lack of physics. When the guy got a grenade thrown to his left, he SHOULDN'T be launched the the left! Overall, terrible.

Star Worms Star Worms

Very boring.

I don't see the fun of watching a game of worms, because that's basically what this was. The animation was pretty rough on certain parts, but the graphics were pretty good. What really sucked about this, though, was the fact that nothing interesting happened. If I wanted to watch a game of worms, I'd just install Worms.

MGS 3: Crab Battle MGS 3: Crab Battle

hahaha!

Crab battle!!!

Spider-Man Animated Short Spider-Man Animated Short

Good job.

Your graphics are beautiful, but you need work on the animation.

X-Men:Dark Phoenix Rising X-Men:Dark Phoenix Rising